I have to admit I didn’t fish much in 2012. We moved across the country for my new full time job. Enough said. Full time job means no time to do anything you really want to do. That in combination with totally new water to misunderstand, I just didn’t get out as much as I wanted to. But that just means I have a lot of goals for the next year. Here is my fishing bucket list for 2013 (in no particular order). What’s on yours?
- Fish a mouse pattern at night
- Catch a monster trout on a hex pattern
- Land a MI steelhead
- Land an Atlantic on the St. Mary’s Rapids
- Do a multi-day/night kayak river trip somewhere in the U.P.
- Fish in every town that I have to go to for a work conference
- Explore the rivers where I used to live in the Western U.P.
- Fish at least twice a week even if it means fishing on my client’s property
- Fish the Old Woman River in Ontario
- Attend the WI Women’s Fly Fishing Clinic and fish the Driftless Area
Well…that’s a start anyway. I’m sure it will grow throughout the year!